Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kevin's Countdown to Lost Season 6 Premiere: Top #15 Favorite Episodes #4


When Lost first came on, I didn't watch it. I thought it was stupid and that if I ever was going to watch it, I would wait until it was over so that I knew I would eventually get some answers.

Well, that didn't happen. And now I'm obsessed with it.

And I do give most of the credit to the Pilot. This series premiere was unlike anything I had ever seen on TV. The special effects, the action, the characters, and the mystery. It was all there. There had never been that kind of quality cinematics on TV. There was suspense, terror, tension, and despair. The characters all were mysterious, but one character stood out from all the rest.

The Island. The pilot had gone to great lengths to be weird, out of the ordinary, and scary to create this personality behind the island. And it worked. When you first hear the Rousseau's message that has been repeating for 16 years, the chills just creep up your spine. And it all starts with the first mysterious, and probably the last answer we'll get; the black smoke monster. Of course it was just a monster than, but I remember the mystery that lay beyond those weird dinosaur slash mechanical wails. I had theories out the ass which proved wrong.

The Pilot was of course the selling point for me. It was an achievement in television's power and it hooked the world in with its mystery. I sometimes miss the old days when we didn't know everything, which is why I hope they don't answer everything. Some things are just better left unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment